Loan Officer – Lake Mary Branch (Full Time)
Central Florida Postal Credit Union
Central Florida Postal Credit Union is a progressive financial institution looking for an enthusiastic individual who can work a flexible schedule and has a desire to learn and grow with our credit union and provide excellent service to our membership.
The Loan Officer is responsible for interviewing and evaluating applicants for routine loans and processing loan applications. Gather background information and analyze loan applicants’ credit history. Approve or deny loan applications based on analysis. Operate with moderate credit authority.
- Gather background information on loan applicants by interviewing loan applicants and obtaining credit bureau reports.
- Assist members with new account opening and loan application process to ensure completeness of information.
- Pull credit reports for all accounts, verify debts, and estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application.
- Calculate debt-to-income ratios on loan applicants.
- Calculate how much of a loan applicant’s debt is secured or unsecured.
- Complete loan applications over the phone and/or electronically.
- Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for loans.
- Determine eligibility of loan co-maker from co-maker’s statement and credit rating.
- Approve or deny loan applications.
- When a loan is denied, explain reasons for denial in a professional, courteous manner. Work with member to provide recommendations or alternative options for other possible ways to secure a loan in future.
- Verify the accuracy of loan amounts and repayment terms on approved loan applications.
- Complete loan documents and disburse loans when approved.
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction.
- Cross-sell lending and other credit union products.
- Maintains loan files, processes corresponding paperwork as necessary and processes loan payoffs.
- Ensure compliance with all governing regulations especially the Bank Secrecy Act requirements.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Two years of experience in credit union loan operations or similar experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of credit union loan and collections policies and guidelines in combination with federal and state regulations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Professional mannerisms and appearance.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Commitment to quality, detail oriented, accurate, and strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of the credit union regulations, history and philosophy, the by-laws, the organizational system, and operational procedures.
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume to Maria O'Shea